Hello! Welcome to our blog, feel free to look around and stay a while. We have got loads of everything from everywhere to entertain, educate and motivate you. We promise to remain loyal to you while maintaining a neutral stance on partisan politics.
by Josephine Okojie
The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE), a global network of organisations that support small and growing businesses in emerging markets, has, through a support from the Department for International Development (DFID), launched Ibadan and Port Harcourt entrepreneurial ecosystem snapshots.
The launch has increased the number of ANDE West Africa entrepreneurial ecosystem snapshots in Nigeria to four, which aims to identify organisations that actively support entrepreneurs and the kind of support they provide in specific cities.
“Ibadan and Port Harcourt are cities in Nigeria with great entrepreneurial potential and which are receiving increasing local and international attention,” said Joshua Adedeji, senior program coordinator, ANDE West Africa.
Also, during the launch, the online entrepreneurial ecosystem portal and printed copies of the snapshots by ANDE West Africa were made available and it featured the gaps, opportunities and recommendations for increased entrepreneurial development in the Ibadan and Port Harcourt.
“The investment landscape in the Port Harcourt ecosystem is gradually improving and gaining more attraction,” Friday Essienenkak, investment executive, GroFin Port Harcourt, said.
“As an investor in Port Harcourt, we have supported several small and growing businesses through their various sector associations,” Essienenkak said.
The report also shows that the top focus for entrepreneurial support is youth entrepreneurship and that stakeholders in Port Harcourt pay more attention to the information and communication sector while stakeholders in Ibadan are sector agnostic.
READ MORE (copyrights)
For more details contact The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE)
This is to introduce Onyx, a PH based rapper who grew up in Enugu. During a recent interview with PHCITYONLINE.COM, he informed us that he is a native of Ugbawka in Nkanu LGA in Enugu State, and attended St. Charles Iwanga International Secondary School in Okpoko, Onitsha, where his taste for an Igbo infused rap music was cultivated in him; which was tweaked in Enugu. According to Onyx, his music mentors include, but not limited to Immortal, Technique, Jcole, Erriga, Phyno etc.
His main motive remains to tell his own story and that of his socio-political environment; why his most popular song –Akpuolagi- has a little stint of politics in it; Onyx maintains that ‘Music is just an instrument for me’. This young and talented man is currently the sensation within the South East and South-South of Nigeria. He is using his talent and creative capabilities to pass on crucial message regarding the current events in that part of the world which in particular pertains to Imo State. 2018 started well for Onyx, the popular artist was not able to disclose any record label which he is associated with at the moment. We wish him all the best in his career.
6 Expenses That May Be Destroying Your Budget
by Adeniyi Ogunfowoke
Having a budget is very important if you want to properly plan your finance. However, when preparing the budget, there are some items or things that feature in it that you can do without. In line with this,
Here are some of the things in your budget you can do without. If you get rid of these items, you will be able to save more.
Cable television subscription
The homes you visit in Nigeria, you will find pay TV because it is now quite affordable. However, if you are cash strapped or you want to save some money, you should strike out pay TV subscriptions. In fact, you may discover that, except you own a generator, your subscription may run out without you enjoying it due to power shortage.
If you reside in Lagos, you are most likely to eat out because you don’t have too much time on your hands. You may also consider the time you spend in traffic. So, eating out is one of the attractive options. But do you know that when you frequent one of the best hotels in Lagos to eat you will soon be cash strapped? Hence, try as much as possible to cook sometimes.
You may not need to be a registered member of a gym if you planning to shed some weight. Not because you don’t have time, it is because there are other important things to do with cash. As an alternative, you may join your friends to jog every weekend.
You maybe interested also in “19 Secrets Your Millionaire Neighbor Won’t Tell You” Continue reading “6 Expenses That May Be Destroying Your Budget” »
That’s right. Although having a million bucks isn’t as impressive as it once was, it’s still nothing to sneeze at.
In fact, CNBC reports that in 2013 there were 13.2 million millionaires in the United States alone. That’s a lot of people, people. And the odds are one or two of them are living near you. Heck, one of them might even be your neighbor. In fact, the odds are very good that it is your neighbor. But, Len, you don’t know my neighbor. That guy doesn’t look anything like a millionaire. Well, guess what? Your suburban millionaire neighbor called (oh yeah, we go way back) and the two of us had a nice little chat. Here’s a few things he shared with me but apparently doesn’t want to tell you. (No offense, I’m sure.)
1. He always spends less than he earns. In fact his mantra is, over the long run, you’re better off if you strive to be anonymously rich rather than deceptively poor.
2. He knows that patience is a virtue. The odds are you won’t become a millionaire overnight. If you’re like him, your wealth will be accumulated gradually by diligently saving your money over multiple decades.
3. When you go to his modest three-bed two-bath house, you’re going to be drinking Folgers instead of Starbucks. And if you need a lift, well, you’re going to get a ride in his ten-year-old economy sedan. And if you think that makes him cheap, ask him if he cares. (He doesn’t.)
4. He pays off his credit cards in full every month. He’s smart enough to understand that if he can’t afford to pay cash for something, then he can’t afford it.
5. He realized early on that money does not buy happiness. If you’re looking for nirvana, you need to focus on attaining financial freedom.
6. He never forgets that financial freedom is a state of mind that comes from being debt free. Best of all, it can be attained regardless of your income level.
7. He knows that getting a second job not only increases the size of your bank account quicker but it also keeps you busy — and being busy makes it difficult to spend what you already have.
8. He understands that money is like a toddler; it is incapable of managing itself. After all, you can’t expect your money to grow and mature as it should without some form of credible money management.
9. He’s a big believer in paying yourself first. Paying yourself first is an essential tenet of personal finance and a great way to build your savings and instill financial discipline.
10. Although it’s possible to get rich if you spend your life making a living doing something you don’t enjoy, he wonders why you do. Life is too short.
11. He knows that failing to plan is the same as planning to fail. He also knows that the few millionaires that reached that milestone without a plan got there only because of dumb luck. It’s not enough to simply declare that you want to be financially free.
12. When it came time to set his savings goals, he wasn’t afraid to think big. Financial success demands that you have a vision that is significantly larger than you can currently deliver upon.
13. Over time, he found out that hard work can often help make up for a lot of financial mistakes — and you will make financial mistakes.
14. He realizes that stuff happens, that’s why you’re a fool if you don’t insure yourself against risk. Remember that the potential for bankruptcy is always just around the corner and can be triggered from multiple sources: the death of the family’s key bread winner, divorce, or disability that leads to a loss of work.
15. He understands that time is an ally of the young. He was fortunate enough to begin saving in his twenties so he could take maximum advantage of the power of compounding growth on his nest egg.
16. He knows that you can’t spend what you don’t see. You should use automatic paycheck deductions to build up your retirement and other savings accounts. As your salary increases you can painlessly increase the size of those deductions.
17. Even though he has a job that he loves, he doesn’t have to work anymore because everything he owns is paid for — and has been for years.
18. He’s not impressed that you drive an over-priced luxury car and live in a McMansion that’s two sizes too big for your family of four.
19. After six months of asking, he finally quit waiting for you to return his pruning shears. He broke down and bought himself a new pair last month. There’s no hard feelings though; he can afford it.
So that’s it. Now you know what your millionaire neighbor won’t tell you.
Oh, and, um, would you be so kind to keep this just between you and me? I’d hate to ruffle anyone’s feathers or cause of any kind of neighborly spat.
READ MORE originally published by Time.com Len Penzo (copyrights)
Traditions By Ugee has been in the production and marketing of aso-oke for a wide range of clients both in Lagos and Port Harcourt. They have a variety of designs, colours and styles. They have in stock also the traditional style of aso-oke as well as the latest and more refined styles. Contact them with 07015242126
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW WHEN DIRECTED BY THE POLICE TO WRITE A STATEMENT
If the police ask you to write a statement, which they normally do when they stop you on the road and take you to their station or when they invite you to their station, you should know how to write a good statement that will not implicate you. First, whether you write a statement as a witness or as a suspect, you must understand that your statement is very likely going to be used against you either in court or for the purpose of blackmail by some officers (not all). Therefore, take your statement writing as a serious matter. Remember that you have right to refuse to write a statement until your lawyer is present. But this normally leads to argument and hostile reactions from the police, and it may likely be a pretext for them not releasing you immediately.
There are no hard and fast rules as to the content of a statement. It is supposed to be what you know in relation to an incident or the reason for you being brought to the station. Since the statement is not just a general view on anything you like, it is important that you know the reason for which you have been brought to the station.
For those who have been suspected of committing an offense, make sure that before you start writing a statement, you ask the officer the offense for which you have been brought to the station. If he tells you that there is no offense, that they just want you to tell them all you know, you can politely say: No, Sir. The police force is meant to enforce the criminal law. Therefore, the police would not have any justification to bring you to the station except if they suspect that an offense has been committed somewhere by somebody – either you or someone else. And you need to know the offense and the person suspected before you could write your statement.
Also, if you were arrested or invited as a result of a petition written against you, you must demand to read carefully that petition before you start giving your statement. When you start your statement, make sure you explain in your statement the reason for which you have been asked to make your statement. For instance, you can say something like: “I was stopped while driving my vehicle with registration number xxxxx on ________ street in _______ city. After showing my papers to officer xxxxxxx, I was taken to the police station and informed that my car was suspected of being stolen car” Then you make your statement. You will see that the police will not like this. But you should be able to state the summary of the circumstances that led to you having to make a statement in the station. I will say more about writing statements at police stations. For now, just get the idea that you should explain why you are making a statement and the offenses you were told you were suspected of. You should state that in your statement before you begin to write other things.
POST SCRIPT: The reason you have to state in your statement the reason for making a statement is obvious. Your statement when read by a third party can only make sense in the context of the matter that prompted the statement. So, if you didn’t state the matter to which your statement relates, the police may change the matter down the line. Initially, you thought you were arrested because of stolen vehicle, but the police later charged it to kidnapping. If a judge is reading your statement in a kidnapping case, he will think you were evading the issues. He will think you were dodging the matter that you don’t want to answer the question. And he will form a negative opinion of you based on your presumably inconclusive and evasive statement . So be careful and be wise.
Berylsprings Daycare is a fully licensed Daycare/Crèche Centre offering outstanding services to parents and their adorable little ones. They are committed to providing safe, nurturing and creative environment that emphasizes on environmental responsibility, social-emotional learning, and offers outstanding care for your loved ones.
Additionally, they offer various natural outdoor learning, exploring & play environments with separate learning and caring environments individually designed for each age group:
- Rubies: 1 week – 18 months
- Sapphires: 18 months – 2 years
- Diamonds: 2 – 3 years
They understand that the orientations your child develops through learning today, will definitely define how they perform in the future.
We also offer services and facilities
- Bible classes 1 hour everyday for 3 years and above.
- Summer Classes
- Extra Curricula
- After School services
- CCTV cameras monitoring the facility
- We also offer school pick up services
They offer Daycare Services between 6am to 6pm daily including weekends and public holidays. Enrol your child today.
Plot 40 Total Gospel Road Off Peter Odili Road,
Rivers State, Nigeria.